logging to active console is driving me crazy

I have a iptables firewall with 2.4.4 kernel.  I have it log packets
that are illegal etc.  How do I stop these logs from being displayed
on the active console.  I am running potato with Adrian Bunk's stuff
for 2.4 kernel support.

Here is what my /etc/syslog.conf has in it.
auth,authpriv.*                 /var/log/auth.log
*.*;auth,authpriv.none          -/var/log/syslog
#cron.*                         /var/log/cron.log
daemon.*                        -/var/log/daemon.log
kern.*                          -/var/log/kern.log
lpr.*                           -/var/log/lpr.log
mail.*                          -/var/log/mail.log
user.*                          -/var/log/user.log
uucp.*                          -/var/log/uucp.log

mail.info                       -/var/log/mail.info
mail.warn                       -/var/log/mail.warn
mail.err                        /var/log/mail.err

news.crit                       /var/log/news/news.crit
news.err                        /var/log/news/news.err
news.notice                     -/var/log/news/news.notice

*.=debug;\
        auth,authpriv.none;\
        news.none;mail.none     -/var/log/debug
*.=info;*.=notice;*.=warn;\
        auth,authpriv.none;\
        cron,daemon.none;\
        mail,news.none          -/var/log/messages

Everything else is commented out.  Even commented out the following
lines:
# Emergencies are sent to everybody logged in.
#
#*.emerg                                *

So what gives?  How do I stop this logging to the active console?