Anyone with SMC EZ Card NIC running Kernel 2.4.4

I noticed that the rtl8139 driver is no longer in the kernel config
options and now the driver for this card seems to be called 8139too

I compiled a module for 8139too when I compiled my 2.4.4 kernel.
However, when I try to connect with my ADSL modem, the kernel freezes
and I have to press the reset button to reboot.  It used to work fine
with my 2.4.3 kernel (rtl8139 module).

Does anyone else have one of these cards and have it working with a
2.4.4 kernel?