Lots of German mails ?

HI,
I have suddenly started recieving many german mails form the debian-user list. Is this normal . Is there any way I may filter the german mails which I don't understand ! I have been a member of this list for a couple of months now and am a little perplexed about this change. Since wouldn't it be better to have seperate mailing lists for different languages . I think these mails should be directed to debian-user-de, but that doesn't seem to be happening.
Please don't misunderstand this mail . It is not meant to flame any one or hurt any nationality.
B.Thomas