Re: dhcp.conf and RoadRunner in Central Florida

The dhcpd server makes sure every computer in your network gets a IP number from it. So you don't have to set up manually every comp. in the network, just set all the computers to get there IP number bij using "DHCP Server" in the TCP/IP settings. A dhcpd server does not automatically share your ISP connection, Therefore you need the ip-masquerading. On Potato you can get the 'ip-masq' package that does the trick for you :)

This dhcpd.conf is an example of my configuration @ home and @ work :-)
The 192.168.*.* defines my INTERNAL address
'option domain-name-server' defines the nameserver I use from my ISP, you should use your ISP DNS addresses.

EXAMPLE;
subnet 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
range 192.168.1.2 192.168.1.60;
default-lease-time 86400;
max-lease-time 86400;
option routers 192.168.1.1;
option ip-forwarding off;
option broadcast-address 192.168.1.255;
option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
option domain-name-servers 62.108.1.65, 62.108.1.66;
}