Re: dhcp.conf and RoadRunner in Central Florida

* arodriguez@att.net (arodriguez@att.net) [010519 13:48]:

> According to the info I read, yes, but the truth is that I don't have
> a clue. The connection is through a cable modem.

> > > Does any one have a clue about how the /etc/dhcpd.conf
> > > file should look like for RR in CFL?
> >
> > Why do you need to run a DHCP server?

You need to run a DHCP *client*, not a server. There's a package,
surprisingly enough, "dhcp-client" ;-) I track unstable Debian, but I
would hope and assume it's also available for others.

Hall