Re: Small LAN problem

Thanks for your assurances.  Unfortunately, I am without a hub, so a crossover
cable is my only option.  If the cable was made incorrectly, then that would
account for at least some of my troubles -- could you point me to some
literature describing how a xover cable is made, or else explain the process
on list?  I would appreciate it.  I always understood a crossover cable to
be a cable that routed pin 1 to pin 8, pin 2 to pin 7, etc.  If this is
incorrect, I would like to know the correct way...

thanks again,
--
Alexander Poquet                | We leave the obvious generalizations to the
atpoquet@ucdavis.edu            | reader.                  -- Israel Herstein