Re: making woody...

On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 03:12:05PM -0400, Dutch wrote:
> My plan is:
> got to ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/binary-i386/
> and grab everything from Admin to X11 and stick it in a folder called ???

Unfortunately that won't all fit on a CD.  http://cdimage.debian.org has
some scripts that will manipulate the archives to divide nicely between
3 cds, but you still end up with parts of main on more than 1 CD.  And
of course, these scripts won't work under windows.

I think you're going to have to manually select the stuff you want on
each CD.  But doing this is going to make it very difficult to make the
CD work with apt-get, as you'll have no easy way of generating the
Packages file.

noah