X-server Crashes

hello,
	I have been having X server crashes on a box that has never reall
had problems (at least that I didn't create) It happens all of the time
when I try and run wine, it seemed to be happening when I would run galeon
+ gedit. I am running a fairly stock sid with extra packages from kitame
(for mozilla/emacs) ,winehq and that is about it. I have only seen this in
the last week and I was wondering if anybody else has been having problems.

Attached is some sysinfo.
my video card is a TNT 1 and I am running the stock x-server.
I get this strange AUDIT line in /var/log/XFree86.0.log

AUDIT: Fri May 18 02:55:11 2001: 13356 X: client 1 rejected from local host
  Auth name: MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 ID: -1

Thank you in advance........
David Monarres <ayeq@yahoo.com>
Operating System:              Linux
Distribution Version:          testing/
Operating System Version:      #1 Mon Apr 30 14:14:10 PDT 2001
Operating System Release:      2.4.4
Processor Type:                i686
Host Name:                     matt
User Name:                     ayeq
X Display Name:                :0
System Status:                 03:01:15 up 1 day,  3:23,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.11, 0.08