Problem installing from cd-rom.

I can boot my Debian 2.2r3 cd-rom just fine but at the
point in the installation process when the
applications are to be installed I get a message that
my cd-rom drive was not auto detected and that I
should specify a device file for accessing the cd-rom.
I am clueless about this. Why could debian access
cd-rom at initial boot but not to load application
packages? I initially started to install using floppys
but aborted after I received my cd-roms in the mail. I
have two cd devices on my computer. Theses are
described in Windows system resource report as:

LG CD-RW CED-8080B
and
_NEC DV-5700A

Help?