Re: openldap?

That's about what I did...

 modified the domain lines to be pretty much:

--------------------------

# The base of your directory
suffix          "dc=internal_domain,dc=my_domain,dc=com"

# Where the database file are physically stored
directory       "/var/lib/ldap"

# Save the time that the entry gets modified
lastmod on

# For Netscape Roaming support, each user gets a roaming
# profile for which they have write access to
access to dn=".*,ou=Roaming,dc=internal_domain,dc=my_domain,dc=com"
        by dnattr=owner write

--------------------------

and the like....

I restart the daemon and start some testing...  I made an ldif file:

{0}:vampire:/etc/ldap>cat /home/user1/ldif
dn: dc=internal_domain,dc=my_domain,dc=com
dc: my_domain
o: MyCompany Communications
objectclass: organization
objectclass: dcObject

dn: cn=user1,dc=internal_domain,dc=my_domain,dc=com
cn: user1
sn: user1
objectclass: person

--------------------------

but...
{0}:vampire:/etc/ldap>ldapadd -D
"cn=user1,dc=internal_domain,dc=my_domain,dc=com" -W < /home/user1/ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: No such attribute
{1}:vampire:/etc/ldap>

Thoughts?

Thus spake Tommi Komulainen (Tommi.Komulainen@iki.fi):

> On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 11:59:16AM -0600, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone installed the openldap package slapd?  I'm trying to get it
> > configured and running.
>
> For me the the whole installation was 'apt-get install slapd' and
> answering a few questions.  It just worked (like everything else, in
> general.)  I am running sid, I can't really remember what the version in
> potato was like...
>
> Being paranoid about security, I additionally removed root privileges from
> slapd manually.  It's straightforward but I'm not actually sure if I
> haven't broken anything by doing so.  I really should use it more often. :)
>

> --
> Tommi Komulainen                                 Tommi.Komulainen@iki.fi
> GPG 1024D/68388EE6    6FD6 DD79 EB38 BF6F 3533  09C0 04A8 9871 6838 8EE6

:wq!
                                \_       that important!
DISCLAIMER:
FYI: