Re: apt-get offline

Gordon Hart wrote:

> On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 12:28:12PM +0200, Joerg Johannes wrote:
> > So enough of talking, here comes my idea of how to do it: Is there a
> > shell-script that can change the xxxxx'es in the downloaded file names
> > back to % (the script, I edit with emacs, this is no problem).
> > Unfortunately, I have no idea of shell scripting at all, so if someone
> > could tell me how to do it...
>
> cat infile | sed 's/xxxxx/%/' > outfile

Sorry, I did not express myself clear enough. This sed thing changes
every line in the "wget-script" script. This, I did easily with emacs
(while sed is much more elegant). My problem is: I do not want to do
hundreds of
mv package1_1xxxxx3a.deb package1_1%3a.deb
mv package2_1xxxxx3a.deb package2_1%3a.deb and so on

Any idea how to do this automatically?

thanks
joerg

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.