Re: testing: apache b0rked again

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 11:55:17AM -0500 , Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 11:00:44AM +0200, Petr Cech wrote:
> > On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 02:56:51PM -0500 , Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> > > (and single config file, while we're at it)
> >
> > he? it is single config on new installs, but why touch the existing ones?
> > like autogenerated srm.conf and such?
>
> Fair enough. FWIW dpkg --force-depends --purge apache followed by dpkg -i
> istalls it with single config. List of modules get rebuilt correctly as
> well, so there are no errors (mod_throttle is commented out and the other
> one is not there at all).
>
> It would seem that the bug is in postinst (?) script -- it fails to
> rebuild the list of modules when upgrading existing apache install.

it does ask you, to run apacheconfig IMHO. I don't like automatic config
file conversion. "Don't touch my confing" attitude (that's why I hate
horde/imp package, always busting my config

				Petr Cech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
           cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz

<sgore> "Debian - 3 million penguins can't be wrong."