Odd Networking problem

Hi,

I've got a bunch of computers on my network here, and I've got one really odd
problem.

For some odd reason, its takes _forever_ for me to connect to another
computer.  If I try to ssh from one to another, it will take me about a
minute just to make the connection, and for some odd reason everything is
fine afterwards. (this applies to just about any service, ftp, httpd, etc)

Anyone have any ideas as to why this happens?
Thanks

Sunny Dubey

PS:  for some odd reason, MASQ still works fine on the other hand
PPS:  This not only applies to the linux boxes but the windows boxes as well