Re: Karsten's browser reviews (updated)

freedman@ccmr.cornell.edu wrote:

> On Mon, May 14, 2001, ktb wrote:
> > On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 08:34:22PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > > I've updated my review of GNU/Linux web browsing alternatives, largely
> > > in light of recent advances by the Mozilla and Galeon teams.  I'm
> > > looking for feedback, particularly on anything I might have missed.
> > >
> > >     http://home.netcom.com/GNU/Linux/FAQs/browsers.html
> > >
> > > I might add that I'm quite pleased with Galeon.
> > >

> > That URL doesn't resolve for me.  Couldn't find a combination that
> > worked.
> > kent
> >

> http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Linux/FAQs/browsers.html
>
> worked for me.  Thanks for the comparisons, Karsten!

  I have a sort-of-related question - I've seen the netscape
customization on the page and I use basically the same set-up for wheel
mouse and experience following scrolling problem:

  the wheel works
  pgup/pgdown works
  arrows DO NOT work

  funny thing is that when I press the left/right arrows the Location:
field becomes active and up/down arrows scroll the wv page viewed! left
right continue to work in Location: field.

  I just tried the exact settings from your (Karsten's) page and they
cause exactly the same problem. When I do not use anything related to
wheel mouse in customization the arrow keys work properly.

  netscape 4.77, debian unstable...

  any ideas? anybody else seen this problem?

  TIA

	erik