Re: magicfilter problem!

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 05:58:22AM +1000, Steve Kieu wrote:
> Sorry if it is too silly to ask but I am totally new
> to debian! :-) When I run magicfilter to configure
> printer, it says
>
> kieu:/home/ray# magicfilter
> magicfilter: No configuration file specified
> kieu:/home/ray#
>
> How can I run it? pls help.

/usr/sbin/magicfilterconfig

Just run it as root.  This builds a /etc/printcap for you that automaticaly
runs magicfilter when you print.

I know what they say about never, but there is no situation that I can think
of that you would want to invoke magicfilter directly from the command line.
The lpr command runs it for you.

Mike