Re: TeX/LaTeX: How do you configure it? How do you get it "rolling"?

On Mon, May 14, 2001, Usuario Universo Online wrote:
> Hello-
>
> 	I've downloaded all the packages for minimum Tex/LaTeX installation
> under Debian. However, my tetex-bin package is still broken (it's "C**"
> in dselect), but there's no "conflict" or abything. It seems it's a
> matter of configuring.
> 	I've already tried texconfigure. I'm stuck. The packages don't work, and
> I don't know why.
> 	Does anyone know of a step-by-step tutorial for setting up TeX/LaTeX
> under Debian? Or "known problems"?
>
> 	Thank You.
>
> 	Best regards,
>
> 	Henry L.

See 'tasksel', an ncurses-based means of selecting commonly-used
tasks.  I set TeX/LaTeX up with it using probably ~five keystrokes and
it worked perfectly.  More info, see 'man tasksel'. This was a Potato box.

Hope this helps,

Daniel

--
Daniel A. Freedman
Laboratory for Atomic and Solid State Physics