Re: X broken ???

"Dominique" == Dominique Deleris <ddeleris@urbanet.ch> writes:

Dominique> Having upgraded my woody box this evening, I am not able to
Dominique> run X anymore. It will complain that it does not find the
Dominique> 'fixed' font. Anyone having the same problem ? What can I
Dominique> do ?

I had the same problem, which was fixed (NPI) by the following:

# cd /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts
# mkfontdir misc
# update-fonts-alias misc

This has got to be at least the second or third time an X upgrade has
broken my fonts and required a manual updating of the aliases.  I wish
the X packages would do this stuff automatically.

\\// | R | T R | L B | //\\ ~ Michael Abraham Shulman
mailto:shulman@caltech.edu  ~ jabber://mas@jabber.org
http://kurukshetra.cjb.net/ ~ GnuPG Public Key #21A279E5

It is easy to find fault, if one has that disposition.  There was once
a man who, not being able to find any other fault with his coal,
complained that there were too many prehistoric toads in it.