Re: [users] Copying one hard drive to another

also sprach Cameron Matheson (on Sat, 12 May 2001 09:14:22PM -0600):
> I'm actually copying from a 4GB to a 40GB partition, so I guess that won't
> work.  Would tar or rsync be more suitable for this?  Oh yeah, will it still
> be bootable if I use tar or rsync?

yes, it would be more suitable as dd will not be able to do it. tar or
rsync, however, won't make your partition bootable, so you need to run
lilo on the new disk.

otherwise:
  rsync -avutP <source>/ <dest>

"for art to exist,
 for any sort of aesthetic activity or perception to exist,
 a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication."
                                                -- friedrich nietzsche