Re: cdrecord can't get mmap on /dev/zero

On Sat, 12 May 2001, Simeon Walker wrote:

> > Using cdrecord 1.10a18-2 on an up to date Debian unstable installation
> > with kernel 2.2.18 (self compiled) trying to write to CD writer:
> >
> >      cdrecord: Invalid argument. Cannot get mmap for 4198400 Bytes on
> >      /dev/zero
> >
> > Any ideas what the problem is and a solution?
> >
> > Many Thanks,
> > Graham

Oddly enough, I just installed this version today, since the testing
version was giving me grief and got the same error.

But when I used xcdroast to burn the image, everything worked fine.

But I don't know why yet :)

Today people in droves hurry up past Heumoz to Villars
on the road to the ski hills, so they can rush down them
as fast as possible, so they can hurry up again in order
to rush down again.  In a way this is funny,...

			Francis A Schaeffer

David Purton

http://www.chariot.net.au/~dcpurton/
dcpurton@chariot.net.au