Re: close exim to outside connections

On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 11:21:06AM -0500, Carl Fink wrote:
> I recently reinstalled Potato from scratch.  As part of this I changed some
> system software, including smail --> exim.
>
> How can I tell exim to refuse connections from other than local addresses?
> I've searched the docs, but can find no answer.

from /etc/exim/exim.conf ->

# The setting below allows your host to be used as a mail relay only by
# localhost: it locks out the use of your host as a mail relay by any
# other host. See the section of the manual entitled "Control of relaying"
# for more info.

host_accept_relay = localhost

I assumed that (the default) was all that was needed short of
firewalling it?