help

May, 2001
Russia, Krasnodar,

Ladies and Gentelmen,

I admire with your beautiful software. But to my great regret I have any problems with using package gs.

I have probed all variants to print Russian (or ather language) texts. It fail to.

According documentation, if to compile GNU Ghostscript with option "ttfont" - it work with ttf fonts and unicode encoding. I got source GNU Ghostscript and tried to apply this option. But "make" do not knows such. It is not possible to use True Type fonts at all, Is not it? It will be very fine to use free unicode True Type fonts to print non English texts. Please help me to use its. And why is the Ghostscript binary not compiled for True Type?

About Type1 fonts for printing non English texts. I do not find in Internet free Type1 Russian koi8-r (and other encodings and languages) fonts. Where can I do it? Besides, reading documentation and handling various Type1 fonts and Ghostscript, there appeared suspictions that the Ghostscript and Type1 fonts can be use only for printing English texts.

Please answer me - whether I can print Russian (and other) texts and how. If I must use only Type1 fonts - where I may get it. But it wil be better to use True Type for me. Now my operation system is Debian/Linux and pure Xfree86 (without any Gnome, Fvwm ...).

Now I have not much time to learn details of your product. I very need to use it. I need your advice and help. I speak English not very good, But I am not a dull pupil :-)

Yours Sincerely, Anatole.