Re: How the average guy gets mail...

Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:

> [... in ip-up ...]
>
>                 if [ -f ~$user/.fetchmailrc ];  then

This won't work, as I've just found out.  The bash man page states that
parameter expansion is performed after tilde expansion and obviously
$user is not a valid login name (at least not for our purposes).  In
fact, when I had this implemented on my old machine I used the following
instead

>		  if [ -f /home/$user/.fetchmailrc ]; then

which works perfectly.  Tried to be more generic this time, oh well.

Cheers,
Viktor
--
Viktor Rosenfeld