Re: wwwoffle

On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 06:59:16PM +0200, Tomasz Olszewski wrote:

> Hello Debian Users!
> On ro 09 maj 2001 22:03:14 GMT Brian Potkin wrote:

> You mean wwwoffle in .deb from the testing/unstable dist? Unfortunately
> it depends on libc6 >= 2.2.1 and in potato is 2.1.3-13, so one has to
> upgrade libc first. I don't know if it won't mess up anything... Anyway,
> thanks for replying :)

Yes, I did mean the .deb in testing but you are correct - it now depends
on a version of libc6 greater than the one in stable.  At the time I got
it that was not so.  However, I should have checked instead of being so
definite that installation would proceed with no problem.

An alternative would be to build a wwwoffle package using the potato
libc6.

Add this line to your sources.list (not tested by me).

deb-src ftp://ftp.pl.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free

Then

apt-get update
apt-get source --build wwwoffle
dpkg -i wwwoffle_2.6a-2_i386.deb