RE: rw permission to windows partition (was Unidentified subject)

On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 05:57:52PM +0800, Tham Kine Seng wrote:
> Hello people,
> 	I had mounted a windows partition.  Now I am trying to give "write"
> permission to my user to this windows partition. Anybody knows how to
> go about giving this permission?
>
> 	All suggestions are greatly welcomed. Thank you.

I have never mounted a windows partition but I assume it is the same as
mounting any other partition type.  So you should be able to just change
the permissions on the directory you have mounted it on.

Eg: say you mounted it under /windows in your directory tree, then you
could do:
chmod ugo+rw /windows
to give read and write access for users to the directory.

hth
Mark.