User-Created Menu Entries

Hi all,

I'm reading through the menu.txt.gz file in the menu package
documentation but I'm confused. I read:

  A user can specify his/her own menu entries in the `~/.menu'
  directory.  The files can have an arbitrary file name as long as the
  new syntax for the menu entries is used.  They should start with
  either

	?package(installed-package):

  or

	?package(local.mystuff):

  if it's something that isn't ``debian-officially'' installed.  (Any
  ``package'' that starts with ```local.''' is considered installed.)

but I'm still unsure about how to add a menu entry. Has anyone created
any that they wouldn't mind sharing to be used as a template for
creating other entries?

Many thanks!

Mark