Re: Cloning your Debian system

hi ya viktor...

for changing root partitions....
	- change /etc/fstab  to the new root ( hda7 ) you wanna boot
	- rerun lilo
		- make sure you can boot the old system ( hda8 ) into
		single user mode just in case...
	- reboot your box...

for copying exact images..
	- using dd is sorta okay...your assuming there is nto disk
	defects on hda  vs on hdb

( the paranoid guy(me) speaking )
if the production machine is live on the net...
	- make a 2nd machine to play with and test the new gadgets...
	- or at least get a 2nd disk drive...

- dont touch anything that works...unless you know what changed
  after tweeeking it ...

no such thing as 100% sure...you will find something wrong later...

c ya
alvin