Re: can't connect to portmapper from remote host

haek@hem.passagen.se wrote:

> Hello again debian-user!
>
> As I was trying to set up NFS on a debian-potato-box at work ("agda" at 130.241.119.140) I found out that the remote host, that was to be the NFS client 194.236.111.14, could not connect to the portmapper on the server. The error message recieved was "No route to host". I know virtually nothing about the portmapper, but other network traffic had no problem to find its way through.

sounds like a generic routing problems rather then a portmap problem.
run 'traceroute -n 130.241.119.140' from 194.236.111.14. traceroute
is in the traceroute package.

if you can't reach the host, then there is either a routing problem or
a firewall blocking you from connecting to that host.

nate

--
:::
ICQ: 75132336