Re: LS120 drive

>From a Google search, the document at this URI

<http://www.cmbi.kun.nl/swift/johnny/sys/ls120-linux.html>

indicates that as early as kernels 2.0 something there was support for
running an IDE LS-120 as an a: drive. The Linux hardware database entry
at

<http://lhd.datapower.com/db/dispproduct.php3?DISP?1072>

is not comprehensive, but it seems to warn of using an LS-120 with
UltraDMA. This might be a limitation. In any case, you would be advised
to use a recently manufactured mainboard with an up-to-date BIOS.

There are additional concerns about how to mount the floppy once you
get the hardware working. Maybe this can be worked out. This appears to
be a general Linux issue, not necessarily a Debian issue.

It might be easier to transfer the contents of the floppies from an
Amiga computer to a Linux computer with ftp or something else. This
might be drudgery, however.

good luck,

Andrew Hagen
xah@myrealbox.com