debootstrap returns 256 when trying to install Debian

Hello!

Recently, my computer denies me to install Debian. First I tried over the internet, with everything working perfect, connection and all. After about 10 minutes with fetching packets, the installer returns to the previous menu. If I Alt+F3 to a different terminal, the following error has been printed:

user.err dbootstrap[136]: command /usr/sbin/debootstrap woody /target http://http.us.debian.org:80/debian returned 256

I have also tried with potato and sid, but the same error is printed. I have also tried different locations, but no luck there either.

Then I tried to download the entire 'woody' library and burn it on cd's. In Red Hat 5.2, I copied all the cd's onto my harddrive and I started installing debian again, but the exact same error show up.

I have absolutely no idea how to fix this, so please help me!

-Tue Abrahamsen