can't install debian after freebsd?

hi,
   I cannot reinstall debian because debian cann't recognize my
partitions correctly.
   I have installed freebsd in /dev/hda2
(including its own partition wd0s1a,dawd0s1b,wd0s1e,wd0s1f).
   If I plan to install debain in /dev/hda5,the installing program
will mistake /dev/hda5 for /dev/hda8
   To install debian correctly I have to install debian firstly and
install freebsd secondly.
   The problem can be slovled by hiding the freebsd partition,too.
   However I can  not find a proper tool to hide the freebsd partiotion.
   Is this a known bug?

maybe i not express the problem clearly

normal                               debian installing program
/dev/hda3

Best regards,
 fg                            mailto:fg007@mail1.sjtu.edu.cn