Problem with Joystick and devfs

Hello everybody

I am using a testing debian with a 2.4.3 kernel, and devfs installed, but I can't make my joystick work.
My joystick is installed on the gameport of my sound card : sb 64 pci

devfs dosn't seem to detect it. Here are the few clues I have.

I think I have installed the proper drivers in the kernel :
	the one for my sound blaster pci 64
	the one for core input
	the one for core joystick
	My analogous joystick two button
	a game port which seemed to be mine (ns 558)

I have found a few more things : When I compile the sound driver as a module, I have a message telling me that the joystick is not installed. I can have a message telling me that it is installed when I load the module with the proper option, but I still dont have any joystick device in my /dev or /dev/input

any idea ?

Thanks

Jeremy