Re: speedup nvidia?

On Fri, 4 May 2001 13:23:54 -0700
Bob Nielsen <nielsen@oz.net> wrote:

> I'm running 2.2.17, agpart wasn't introduced until 2.2.18, IIRC.

Not a direct reply, but thought I'd chip in this thread.

I tried enabling the NVIDIA and the kernel agp support (separately, of
course) - in both cases support was loaded up OK, but I found I was
getting a few crashes where my screen just froze and I couldn't enable
another console to kill off an errant process. In my experience, these
sorts of freezes are often graphics-card/driver related, so I tried
disabling agp support. So far I haven't had a crash yet.

I am using a VIA KT133 chipset and Athlon 800 CPU. I run on a 2.4.3 kernel
with XFS support.

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Progeny Debian Linux