apt-get horrors

    Hey people. I tried to install the unstable version of gnapster and the
XFree 3.3.6 -> XFree 4.0.x conversion broke my system. So, I set my
sources.list to testing and did a dist-upgrade.
    However, I keep getting errors in the configuration stage of several
packages. It just tells me that there was an error, but not where to find it.

    Plus, in the middle of debconf configurations, I get messages about
unfound modules and such, and I don't know how to redraw the screen to get the
menu back.

    When a package fails to install properly, where do I find out why?

    Currently I have one identified. Debiandoc-sgml is complaining that it
can't find "update-catalog". Doing an apt-cache search for said executable, I
can't find it at all.

    Help??

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a