Re: Error message

On Fri, 4 May 2001, Eileen Orbell wrote:
> I keep getting this error message about 20 times a day emailed to me via my
> server from Cron Daemon:
> /bin/sh: rnews: command not found
> I am not even sure why? Or how to get rid of it?
> I do not want the news server anyway..

Snoop around /etc (probably in cron.daily) for the script cron is
trying to run, then use "dpkg -S <script-path>" to find out which
package it belongs to, followed by "dpkg --purge <package>" to get rid
of it.  Maybe run "deborphan" (if you are using testing/unstable) to
see what got left behind.

- Bruce