Re: Getting realplayer streams to disk files

On Friday 04 May 2001 05:43, asdfasf asfasf wrote:
> This is getting ridiculous. I've been trying for many
> hours over many days now to save realplayer broadcasts
> to files on my disk and have been completely unable to
> do so. It almost seems as if the realplayer software
> has been _designed_ so that you can't save content you
> view through the player to disk. (I can't actually
> confirm or deny this though through google searches.)
>
> Is there a way to do this?

If you just want the audio you can use a full duplex sound card to
record it.  I have done this with a SoundBlaster Live Value II.  Select
the 'Volume' channel as the record source and you will record anything
that is played.

--
Shawn D'Alimonte   sdalimon@home.com