DHCP client retrieving 2 IP's

Hi,

I recently installed Debian v2.2r3 and I installed the DHCP client as well.. when debian boots, DHCP assigns eth0 an IP (which it is supposed to do, in this case 192.168.1.4) then it also assigns the loopback (/dev/lo) an IP (192.168.1.5).  If I look at my DHCP clients table on my DHCP server, it lists both IPs with the both of them having the same MAC address as well.  Can anyone tell me why it's retrieving 2 IP's?  Thanks for your help,

Aaron