Web-based email w/notes field?

	A bit off-the-wall, but does Debian include a web-based email
implementation that offers a "notes" field for e-mails? I'm in a
position where it might be helpful for some of my users who share a
mailbox for public information requests and the like to have a web
interface to the mailbox with the ability to add notes to received
e-mails.
	Or, as I'm expecting, if there isn't one that includes this ability,
has anyone on the list had experiences with a web-mail package that was
easy to customize -- re: adding fields to the database and web
interface.
	I know that this certainly isn't a feature in standard mail clients,
much less the variety of web-based ones. But I thought I'd toss the
question out there.