Re: SMTP Connections

also sprach David Steinberg (on Thu, 03 May 2001 11:09:37AM -0700):
> > are you behind a firewall?
> Yes, but I don't think it blocks outgoing 25/tcp connects.

no it doesn't. i saw your connects...

> Could you expand on this?  How would a mail server decide which IP
> addresses to block?  Why would it suddenly decide that it doesn't like
> mine?  :)

i really don't think that would be the problem. it could be that your
home.com ip address is listed on mail-abuse.org, but my server should
have caught that already. what servers have you tried so far?

a mail server will block certain ips if they are commonly used by
spammers - that's what mail-abuse.org is for. otherwise, i see no
point in blocking connects...

"a rock pile ceases to be a rock pile
 the moment a single man contemplates it,
 bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
                                           -- antoine de saint-exupery