large files in potato?

How much effort would it take for me to enable support for large
(>2GB) files in a i386 potato system?  I'm running kernel 2.4.3; it looks
like I would also have to use a newer version of glibc.  If I installed a
version of glibc from testing or unstable, would it work, or am I still
missing something?

	Greg Kettler

"Of course, if you're writing the code to control a cruise missile, you
may not actually need an explicit loop exit.  The loop will be terminated
automatically at the appropriate moment."
	-Programming Perl, 3rd Ed.