Re: netatalk setup gaflooey

On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 08:21:25PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 09:07:00PM -0500, will trillich wrote:
> > trying to install netatalk for macintosh file serving capabilities, and the
> > setup script goes all fuxnored(tm). is this something i caused? or can
> > cure?
> >
> > 	# apt-get install netatalk
> > 	Setting up netatalk (1.4b2+asun2.1.3-6) ...
> > 	Starting AppleTalk Daemons (this will take a while):socket: Invalid argument
> > 	socket: Invalid argument
> > 	atalkd: can't get interfaces, exiting.
> > 	 atalkd afpd papd.
>
> it means you don't have CrappleTalk compiled into your kernel. but the
> good news is you don't need it.  just rewrite the initscript to not
> start atalkd and use the following configuration for afpd:
>
> /etc/netatalk/afpd.conf:
> hostname   -tcp  -noddp -nosetpassword -nouservol -noguest

# update-rc.d -f netatalk remove
# cat >> /etc/netatalk/afpd.conf
macFileServer   -tcp  -noddp -nosetpassword -nouservol -noguest
^D

awesome! worked like a charm.

so how do you set mac-mongo-kahuna-superuser? i can log in as a
user and get my home directory, but it'd be nice to yank other
files for easy backups... is this difficult?

--
DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #13 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
: