Netgear FA311--compiling the module

I'm running potato, and I'm trying to get my Netgear FA311 nic card going. I
downloaded the natsemi driver from scyld, but when I try to compile it
using:

gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -O6 -c natsemi.c

I'm inundated with errors. I've attached the complete log, but they start
like this:

In file included from /usr/include/linux/string.h:37,
                 from natsemi.c:107:
/usr/include/asm/string.h:46: parse error before `size_t'
/usr/include/asm/string.h: In function `strncpy':
/usr/include/asm/string.h:47: number of arguments doesn't match prototype
/usr/include/linux/string.h:13: prototype declaration
/usr/include/asm/string.h:61: `src' undeclared (first use in this function)
/usr/include/asm/string.h:61: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once

It appears that either I'm missing some environment variables, or my gcc is
incorrectly set up, but I'm kind of stumped. Any thoughts? TIA, Rob