Re: Wheel mouse

> > As fas as I know,XFree86 4.0.x supports wheel mice. I have
> > one, and therefore, I have the following input section in
> > /etc/X11/XF86Conifg-4:
> >
> > Section "InputDevice"
> >         Identifier  "Logitech MouseMan Plus"
> >         Driver      "mouse"
> >         Option      "Protocol" "MouseManPlusPS/2"
> >         Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"
> >         Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
> > EndSection
>
> > I though the last option line would enable the wheel of my
> > mouse, but it doesn't. I thinks it should be possible without
> > imwheel, but how?

> I think you have forgot to add
>
>     Option          "Buttons"       "5"

> you have to change your 'pointer' entry in Xmodmap too:
> pointer 1 2 3 4 5
> or something similar, depending on your wanted button
> mapping. Read man Xmodmap.

In fact, neither of these are necessary... specifying "ImPS/2" as
the protocol and "ZAxisMapping 4 5" will suffice just fine.

In regards to the protocol option of "MouseManPlusPS/2", does anyone
know why it actually breaks wheel scrolling ?? I know this isn't the
XFree86 list, but someone may have an idea.

Hall