Re: help required with X configuration and mouse

The answer may be as simple as this:  COM1 = /dev/ttyS0, not ttyS1.
Another thing to look for is a symbolic link from /dev/mouse to
/dev/ttyS0 (if you refer to the mouse as /dev/mouse in XF86Config).

If that isn't the problem, send the pointer part of /etc/X11/XF86Config
to the list for comment.