Re: regarding swap space

> it's a 4 gig drive
>
> do you really think having a 4 gig swap disk is worth it on a system with 32
> meg ram?

No, but I don't think it would do any harm, *if* you're not going to use the
rest of the disk anyway.

> and do I have to format the whole drive as swap?

Yes: mkswap -v1 /dev/hdx

> Renai

It's not that much of a performance gain.  Calculating partition boundaries is
probably nothing more than 10 lines of code per access, but if you're going to
make one big swap partition that fills up the whole disk, you might as
well just make it a swap drive.  If not, don't bother.

--
Dwayne C. Litzenberger - dlitz@dlitz.net