upgrade doubt

I am a new user to Debian, and got a doubt. I have installed Potato,
and am using Gnome. Gnome has a more recent version available, and I
want to upgrade gnome, gimp to the latest versions. How do I do it?
I don't want to disturb other packages, and only Gnome and Gimp should
be upgraded. Somebody please explain this to me.Thanks.

--
 Regards,
                 ```