cd reading tip (2.4.3 )

I was trying to read one of my cdrom archives on a 2.4.3 machine with a
cheap-ass generic ide/ATAPI cdrom drive, but all it could read was the
lost+found directory...

I could read the cd with other drives, so it wasn't a coaster.

On a whim, I tried loading the scsi emulation drivers scsi_mod.o, sg.o,
ide-cd.o and mounted the drive as /dev/scd0 and could now read the disk
just fine!

So it looks like it is enough to just call an ide-drive a scsi drive to
make it more reliable :-)

patrick.