hda messages when booting

I get these messages when booting with Kernel 2.2.19 (which Progeny Debian
for some reason installed as default when I did an upgrade).  This doesn't
happen with 2.2.18.  Everything boots up fine, but I was wondering what
these errors mean and how to address them.  I also get these with Libranet
1.9 (which installed 2.4.2) but it kind of just dies.

hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 {DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 {DriveStatusError BadCRC }
... (repeats a few times)

Thanks!

Jen