Re: Problem with fetchmail.

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 12:06:07AM +0200, Alberto Garc?a wrote:
> I am not able to download my email with fetchmail. I try to download being root and I configured it with fetchmailconf. It just picks the lists of emails, but fails to download them. What could be the problem.
> Thanks in advance.

G'day Alberto,

I've just had a very similar problem, fetchmail mail would run get the number
of messages then run though each one say SMTP error 250 not flushed,
the problem wasn't in fetchmailrc but with my exim setup, try looking though
/etx/exim.conf for any thing out of the ordanary, If you can't find anything
( I couldn't, I'm still a newbie :-) What I did was backup my old exim config
files then dpkg --purge --force-depends exim to completely remove it the
apt-get install exim to re-install it with a default setup, this fixed my
problem and I can compare the two config files to see what I did wrong.

This is probably a last resort though I'm sure someone more experienced than
me can give a better answer

Cheers.

Joel