Re: Newbie: Netscape woes

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 08:16:52PM -0700, David Carlile wrote:

>    apt-get install communicator navigator netscape

    navigator would suffice

>    It looks on my cd rom for the packages and reports back that they
>    aren't there. I go out on my install disk and find NS3. I run the

    The latest is not on the CD because it's not free, in the GNU sense, but
it's available. I use "apt-get install navigator" on the non-free site.

>    I go to my applications menu and click on Communicator. Nothing. Nada.
>    Zip. I am going to shelf the rant/whine and just ask... Does anybody
>    have any idea why Netscape will not launch? Is it my old non-deb
>    install that I never uninstalled? Please help! I almost bought a
>    shrink-wrapped redhat box yesterday...

    Did you try it from a terminal so that you could see any error messages?
Did you try it as root? You shouldn't. This isn't a windows box.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a