Re: Storage (8*IDE HDs) any experiences?

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 03:23:03PM -0700, Alvin Oga wrote:
> your options for 6 or 8 disks are the promise cards
> and/or 3ware ...

Well, unfortunately purchasing is a bit strange around here...
That mobo (with HPT-370 controller) is the one we can buy
_easily_ -- from the university's techstore. A mobo with
promise is a bit more difficult...

> has anybody measured the +12V current needed when all
> 8 drives start up...at the same time... hummm....

Yes, n+1 PS sound like a good idea for this sort of work.
I notice your 1U cases only have one PS. ;)

Thanks
Dima
--
E-mail dmaziuk at bmrb dot wisc dot edu (@work) or at crosswinds dot net (@home)